DH Records Ltd e-News ____
edition 5-18.en 16/05/2018
> Songwriting 2018 - „Love is stronger"
> New CD from Jonathan Boettcher
> Chris Brandon No.1 at Amazon USA
> CD-Mastering special
> YouVent title-song
> Protestants 2017 - theme-song: "Vive la fraternité"
> eNews archives
The 7th edition of the Europe Spirit Songwriting Seminar has just got one more partner: With Maria Letizia Pizzato there is big support from Venice and musicians from Italy now have a competent tutor. Maria Letizia is a professional flute-player and she allready belongs to the pool of studio musicians in the Europe Spirit Music Project. Just recently she recorded a wonderful flute to the song Viva la pace: >>>
The current theme Love is stronger is very promising. It is not only a deep personal recommendation. It also shows a direction for international cooperation. While in politics and business constant escalation seems to be the only reliable factor, the songwriters show some wisdom with their hint. Love is stronger could be the basic thought of a very big song.
Under this theme the 2018 version of the ESS-Seminar will be performed at Chateau du Liebfrauenberg/Goersdorf/France: 23/08 to 26/08/2018.
We will write new songs, arrange and record them straight away with the spirit of the first hour. With five tutors from four countries and four mobile studios we will have best possibilities to provide you a very high standard of support. And Chateau du Liebfrauenberg is surely one of the best places to find inspiration.
You don't have to be a professional to join in. Many have written their first song here and some have succeeded to get into the Paul McCartney Academy in Liverpool, to record their own CD or to win a prize.
And yet this is not the first motivation. The most important thing is to create a place where musicians from all over the world with different musical styles can get together and create something new. Knowledge about chords and some skills in playing an instrument and in lyrics writing are quite useful of course. But basically you just have to be motivated to do it.
There are people from the UK, France, Swiss, Germany, Italy and possibly more countries. So we will speak mainly English, but also some French, German - or just music will do. This is no casting, we will really support you and we will work under the umbrella of grace. All songs will be published on a website and there are concerts in preparation for October.
Review seminar 2017: >>>
- Paul Douglas, Birmingham/GB: piano, trombone, lyrics, composition
- Isabelle Grussenmeyer, St.Martin/F: lyrics, guitar, vocals
- Gunter Hauser, Kraichtal/D: keyboards, production, seminar-programme
- Thomas Hurter, Strasbourg/F: composition, production
- Oliver Wendel, Weinfelden/CH: piano, production
Date: 23 - 26/08/2018, Chateau du Liebfrauenberg / 67360-Goersdorf / France
Seminar rates full board -27: 200,- Euros for students, / 270,- full rate in four bed room / rates 27+: 350,- double room / 390,- single room.
Application asap / latest 01/07/2018 at seminars[?]dhrecords.com
- FSJ Songwriting Seminar 2018
At the FSJ-Songwriting-Seminar of the Diakonisches Werk Baden in April 2018 there were 14 young people, to write their own songs. The atmosphere was stunning. After some motivation and some theory units 16 new songs got written and recorded in the mobile studio. >>>
- New CD: Jonathan Boettcher - Lass Frieden werden / Let Peace Be Strong
After his instrumental-CD Mehrsaitig the German singer-songwriter Jonathan Boettcher has now recorded his new song-album at DH Records.
The centerpiece is the title track „Lass Frieden werden" with the english version „Let peace be strong", co-written and interpreted by Paul Douglas.
It is not only Jonathan's characteristic voice, but also his virtuoso acoustic guitar as well as all the contributions from various guest artists. And the sound of the studio production is again meeting audiophile quality. Additionally there are more langauge versions of the title track in English, French, Dutch, Italian, Norwegian, Swiss German and more to come: peace.europespirit.eu This CD is available at Herder.de and at >>> www.jonathan-boettcher.de
- Chris Brandon No.1 at Amazon USA with „Rhineland to Graceland"
„Rhineland To Graceland" appeared in August 2017 with lyrics by Ryan Presley, a relevant of the King, music by Chris Brandon, who is also singing this song. Produced and recorded by Gunter Hauser at DH-Records.
The music career of Chris Brandon began with the radio hitsong „Smile Smile". Producer Jack White contracted the blind singer with a touch of Tennesee in his voice. Later Chris produced in the Sun-Studios in Memphis. "I was very suprised when Ryan Presley rang me up", reports Chris Brandon. "It has been an honour to write a song for Elvis to lyrics from his family" reports Chris. Rhineland to Graceland is also the themesong to the e-book by Donald W. Presley, which reports the story of the family.
„Rhineland to Graceland" appeared on the 11/08/2017 on many download- and streamingplatforms and reached No.1 at Amazon USA and No.2 at Amazon Germany in „Contemporary Folk".
And more songs of Ryan Presley and Chris Brandon are in the pipeline ...
- CD-Mastering for various artists
DH Records is offering special high quality CD-Mastering including mix-advice! Finishing a CD is all about best sound possible, not just maximum loudness. A quality mastering needs a lot of experience and the painstaking application of the most suitable tools for each individual recording. Here you get convincing dynamics instead of automated standard compression. And this service includes high profile advice for your mixes - if you want.
More information: www.dhrecords.com/production/mastering.html
- Roland Schindler: Peace of Mind
- Anselm Grün + C.Bittlinger: Herr, kehre ein (Herder.de)
- Gebrüder Hugetobeler: Mal hie, mal dert
- Daniel Imboden: Ganz zu dir
- Andrea Grimm: Heilig
- David Plüss: Hoffnungsklänge
- Jonathan Böttcher: Engel-Lieder
- Clemes Bittlinger: Öffnet den Kreis
- Joerg Streng: Über Grenzen gehen
- David Plüss: Zauber des Winters (Brunnen-Verlag)
- Clemens Bittlinger: Wir sind eine Familie (Single)
- Christian Grote: 2 is besser
- Anselm Grün + Clemens Bittlinger (Herder.de)
- Matthias Brauchli: At Your Word
- Silence: Psalms - Schweizer Indie-Folk-Pop
- David Plüss: Tanz in den Morgen (Brunnen-Verlag)
- Bogroad: My heart's tonight in Ireland
- Jonathan Böttcher: Wir sind Freunde - >>> webshop
- David Plüss: Meer der Farben (Brunnen-Verlag)
- Clemens Bittlinger: Unerhört
- Clemens Bittlinger: Jesus & Yoga
- Thorsten Waap: Schokolade
- Jörg Streng Studiochor
- Bärbel Kunz: Shalom Alejchem
- Andrea Grimm: Toif I mir
- Jakob Wampfler
- Beyond Voices
- Clemens Bittlinger: Mensch Jesus - Herder-Verlag >>>
- Christian Grote: Der will nur spielen
- Jonathan Boettcher: Deine Liebe lebt - >>> webshop
- Bettina Alms: Himmlische Aussichten - Kawohl-Verlag >>>
- Clemens Bittlinger: Urknall und Sternenstaub - Herder-Verlag >>>
- Saint Vincent & The Grenadines
- Jonathan Boettcher: In der Stille der Nacht - >>> webshop
Under the theme „New Spirit" the sixth edition of the ESS-Seminar has been performed at Chateau du Liebfrauenberg/Goersdorf/France. 18 members produced 24 new songs in four days. And the atmosphere was full of creativity and good cooperation. All songs can be found here:
And there have been two concerts:
On the 07.10.2017 in Bretten/D at the county youth meeting YouVent.de. And on the 28.10.2017 in Strasbourg/F at Protestants 2017. The songwriters of the seminar spontaneously formed a band and they played together as if they had been rehearsing for weeks - but there was just one rehearsal before the first concert. They supported each other's song presentation and thus they have taken the special atmosphere of the seminar on stage in a very convincing way. So the audience was taken away by the music. Pictures and a video can be found here:
- YouVent title-song: "Du schreibst Geschichte"
The county youth meeting YouVent of the Protestant Church in Baden/Germany (ejuba.de) has taken place in october 2017 in Bretten/Germany. To the theme "Du schreibst Geschichte / You are writing history" there was a title-song being produced at DH Records with singer-songwriter Laura M. Hauser. Laura gave a catchy melody to this latin rock-song with deep lyrics. You can listen here: >>>
- Protestants 2017 - Theme-Song: "Vive la fraternité"
This is not the song chosen by the commitee of church musicians. But this is possibly the most radio-compatible theme song for a church event ever. Kevin Rashko from Strasbourg and Laura M.Hauser from Heidelberg are presenting Vive le moment ... Vive la fraternité. This song was created by a group of European songwriters meeting each year at Chateau du Liebfrauenberg at Goersdorf/F. Have a listen here: >>>
> eNews archives
- Top placements for Spirit'n'Jazz
In January to May 2011 Spirit'n'Jazz have been placed on No. 2 and 3 of the album charts for Nu-Jazz at JazzMatrix.com. On Coast-FM in Gosford/Sydney/Australia the track „Where are you?" has been in the "Top 2010". And at QFM Tenerife „Yule Tied" from the CD „Can you see...?" has been amongst the „all time favourites" of chilled jazz tracks.
In 2008/09 Spirit'n'Jazz has achieved some exceptional placements with tracks from their CD "Can you see…?" For 30 months different tracks from the CD "Can you see…?" have been in the Top 10 of "World´s Cool Jazz" in Florida. After "Yule Tied" had been on No.1 for 18 weeks, "Do You Feel It" directly followed for 12 weeks. "China Sunrise" has been the third No.1 in April/May 09 before "Information Politics" went to No.1 at WCJZ in Oct. 09.
Three further No.1 placements appeared on InstrumentNetwork.com until December 2008 by the tracks "Voice of Reason" and "Information Politics" in their various forum-charts. At Radio QFM Tenerife "Treasure" has been on No.1 for four weeks and "Two" and "Life Dance" both went up to No. 2 in spring 2010. All together there have been eight No.1 placements of Spirit'n'Jazz-tracks in 2008/09/10 backed up by more top ten positions.
- Spirit'n'Jazz on Radio SWR 2, HR 2 and Deutschlandfunk Berlin
German National Radio programmes combining tracks from "Spirit'n'Jazz" with valued classics. SWR2 has played "So you got hope" next to works of Franz Schubert and W.A. Mozart. And HR2 has combined the track "Time with Laura" with works of Ludwig van Beethoven and Georg Friedrich Händel in one programme hour and is continually playing this track in their standard repertoire.
Similarly Deutschlandfunk Berlin has combined "TWO" by Spirit'n'Jazz and Mozart´s "Requiem d-minor" performed by the Berlin Philharmonics Orchestra conducted by Herbert von Karajan together in one programme called "Corso" on the 10.07.2010. And the track "TWO" is in their standard program.
DH Records says "Thank you" for the implicit valuation.
- Shops for Spirit'n'Jazz CDs
"Where are you?" is available in the USA from www.cdBaby.com
- Interviews in Amsterdam, Berlin, Sydney, San Francisco ...
A two hour live show has been broadcast in Amsterdam in February 2010 with Gunter Hauser interviewed by Marjoleine Leene in the Jazzcorner of RTV Amstelveen. A cut of the two hour programme you can find here: >>> mp3
On the 16th of June 2010 there has been an interview on Coast FM 963 in Gosford/Sydney in Australia. >>> mp3
Interview Deutschlandfunk Berlin to Treasure (17.11.08): >>> mp3
More interviews have been produced for Ric Mancuso´s `Nighttracks´ at KMHD/Gresham/OR/USA and for Gallery 41 in San Francisco with Ron Pelletier.
- Print Interview in YouMeU Magazine
- The weightiest CD-review comes from Florida
It´s been Florida again, where the CD "Can you see…?" had been good for five No.1s at World´s Cool Jazz. But this time it was Alan Olmstead, experienced Jazz-programmer from WXJZ, who has done a very nice review of „Where are you?": „Clean and simple contemporary jazz with a European flair featuring the delightfully innocent vocal style of Leyla Tugal... reminiscent of Astrud Gilberto in the 60's." - Alan Olmstead, Kaleidophonic Jazz, WXJZ-FM, Gainesville, Florida, USA. - All reviews so far: >>>
- CD „Where are you?" from Spirit'n'Jazz
With their previous CD "Can you see…?" Spirit'n'Jazz achieved critical acclaim and high radio rotations as well as five number 1s in radio charts (4 x World´s Cool Jazz in Florida, 1 x QFM Tenerife). Therefore, there was a lot of pressure for the next production. Because All About Jazz in Italy had titled their review "Jazz goes Pop goes Jazz" it was logical to give the new CD a very high standard of studio production whilst, at the same time, retaining the improvisational style of the music. The two pre-releases from the new CD "Where are you?": title track "Where are you?" and "Treasure" spontaneously went into the Top 10 of QFM Tenerife (No. 1+ 2) followed by "Two" and "Life Dance" on No. 2 and No. 7 in November 09. - more information >>> Info-pdf >>>
- Spirit'n'Jazz Interview on „D-Radio Kultur", Berlin
It took seven months until an interview with Spirit'n'Jazz to the Christian-Islamic dialogue produced by Thilo Guschas has been broadcasted. This Interview shows, how easy and positive this dialogue between Christians and Muslims can be. Without any suspicion, fear and hostility, but with many commonalities, especially in ethics, and a big hospitality. - The interview in German (07.02.2009 D-Radio Kultur) as an mp3: >>>
- Single "Treasure" on No.1 at QFM Tenerife
In November 08 Spirit'n'Jazz have been releasing a Single that addressed the global financial crisis. And this has jumped on No.1 straight away at QFM Tenerife/Spain and stayed there for four weeks.
The single track "Treasure" was created in March 2008 and it was right on the theme of speculative operations and the acute international situation happening in October 2008. Further information: >>>
- Cooperation with Sommer Cable
Searching for the highest sound quality Gunter Hauser was testing cables in his studio. And because of very good technical data he ordered some units from Sommer Cable. In between he is convinced that some of the Sommer cables are among the very best available. You can hear the quality on the CDs from Spirit'n'Jazz. Derek Crehan´s guitar was amplified via a Sommer Spirit XXL- and it´s not only the name, that has convinced here;-). And Leyla's vocals have been recorded via Sommer CarboCab and Galileo. Pascal Miguet, product manager at Sommer Cable, commented on the CD "Can you see…?": "This production is so good, without any doubt it can serve as a reference for high quality HiFi systems." more at >>> www.sommercable.com
- Spirit'n'Jazz on airplays worldwide:
With 87 radio stations from Australia to California and good reviews Spirit'n'Jazz have been collecting international acknowledgement. For 30 months tracks from the CD >Can you see...?< have been in the Top 10 at „World´s Cool Jazz" in Florida/USA. And in 2018 they are still played on QFM Tenerife in their „all time favourites". - more >>>
- Blue Lake Public Radio, Twin Lake, MI, USA
- Boise State Radio, Boise, ID, USA
- Gallery 41, San Francisco, CA, USA, interview
- GTown-Radio, Philadelphia, PA, USA, „Anderson Taped"
- KBCS 91.3 FM, "Bright Moments", Seattle, WA, USA
- KCCK FM Jazz 88.3, Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
- KEOS 89.1 FM, College Station, TX, USA, on rotation
- KFUO Classic FM 99, St. Louis, MO, USA, „I love Jazz"
- KIOS FM, Omaha, NE, USA
- KJAZZ 88.1FM, Long Beach, CA, USA
- KKHi 101.9 FM, Denver, CO, USA, „Music Beyond Words" interview
- KMHD, Gresham, OR, USA, "Nighttracks", interview, „Saturday Night Jazz"
- KUT FM, Austin, TX, USA, review
- KUVO Radio, Denver, CO, USA, "Drive Time Jazz"
- Live365.com, St Louis, MO, USA, „I love Jazz", standard program
- Point of Departure, Damascus, MD, USA
- Sirius Satellite Radio, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Smooth Jazz Excursion, Springfield, IL, USA
- Soulfunkandjazz.com, SoundTraxx with Mark Stanley
- Voice of America, New York, NY, USA
- WAER 88.3, Syracuse / Central New York, USA, on rotation
- WCJZ, World´s Cool Jazz, Largo, FL, USA, on rotation + 5 x No. 1
- WCVF FM, Fredonia, NY, USA, "General Eclectic"
- WEMU FM, Ypsilanti, MI, USA
- WICB FM, Ithaca, New York, USA
- WPFW Radio, Washington, USA
- WPKN FM, Bridgeport, CT, USA, standard program
- WPKM FM, Montauk, NY, USA, standard program
- WSCA FM, Portsmouth, NH, USA, standard program
- WSIE 88.7 FM, Edwardsville, IL , USA
- WTJU, Radio Virginia, Charlottesville/Virginia, USA
- WUCF-FM 89,9, Orlando, FL, USA
- WVST FM, Richmond, VA, USA, „Just Jazz"
- WXJZ-FM Gainesville, Florida, USA, Alan Olmstead: „Kaleidophonic Jazz"
- Urgent.FM, Gent, Belgium, „worldservice"
- RTV Amstelveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands, „Jazz Corner", 2 h feature
- Radio Hoogeveen, Hoogeveen, Netherlands, "Afterdinnerjazz"
- Rosa FM 107.6, Vleuten, Netherlands „Softandsmooth", DJ The Fonz
- Reddog Medias, Paris, France "Jazz on Air"
- Radio Bangkok, Asia Radio Now, Bangkok, Thailand
- Art Sound FM, Canberra, Australia, standard program
- PBS 106,7 FM, Melbourne, Australia, standard program + recommended CD
- Coast FM 96,3, Gosford/Sydney, Australia, „Jazz Vibes" interview + TOP 2010
- Coral Coast Radio, Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
- Radio Jazz Plus, Montreal, Canada, standard program
- Sky Jazz Radio, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, standart program
- SmoothJazzNow.com, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, "high rotation"
- Punto Radio Cascina, Pisa, Italy, "Anima Jazz"
- Radio Nova, Sardegna, Italy, „The House of Blues", recommended CD
- RDP Antena 2, Lisbon, Portugal, "Jazz Com Brancas" - 1 h programme
- RUM 97,5 Braga/Porto, Portugal, Baile dos Bombeiros
- QFM, Tenerife, Spain, on „high rotation", Top 10 + "all time favourites"
- Aeropuerto Jazz Cafe, Gran Canaria, Spain, recommended CD
- Canal Extremadura Radio, Badajos, Spain
- El Club de Jazz, Pamplona, Spain
- FM 101,7 Sevilla, Spain, „Jazz en el aire"
- Jazz-Radio FM, San Pedro de Alcántara, Málaga, Spain
- Radio Jazz International, Bole, Swiss
- Deutschlandradio Berlin, Germany, "Tonart: Lounge"
- Deutschlandradio Berlin, Deutschland, "Corso", Interview „Treasure"
- Deutschlandfunk Berlin, "Campus"
- D-Radio Kultur Berlin, "Religionen", Interview intercultural dialogue
- EMS-Vechte-Welle, Lingen (Ems), Germany, "Roundabout"
- HR 2, Frankfurt, Germany
- ju: Nai Radio, Magdeburg, Germany
- LORA 92.4, München, Deutschland "Musik der Kulturen: Global Sounds"
- MDR, Leipzig, Germany, „Take Five"
- NDR, Hamburg, Germany, „Play Jazz"
- Querfunk 104,8 FM, Karlsruhe, Jazz mit Prof. Wolf
- Radio Bielefeld, Germany, „Die Vinylbesessenen"
- Radio Bremen, Germany, Nordwestradio "Highlight"
- Radio Corax, Halle/Leipzig, Germany, „Planet Sounds"
- Radio Darmstadt, Germany, „Journey into Sound" + „Treffpunkt eine Welt"
- Radio Dreyeckland Freiburg, Germany, „Jazznews"
- Radio Lippeland, Lippstadt, Germany, „Soundtracks"
- Radio Okerwelle, Braunschweig, Germany, „Wundertüte" + „Mittagsjournal"
- Radio Ostfriesland, Aurich/Emden/Leer, Germany, „Jazz Corner"
- Radio RheinWelle 92,5 Wiesbaden, Germany
- Radio Unerhört, Marburg, Germany, „Jazz-Zeit: Neues vom Jazz"
- Radio Weser TV, Germany, „Der JW-Jazzpoint" + „GlobalRadio X-perience"
- Radio X, Frankfurt/Main, Germany, „Funky Fresh"
- Radio ZuSa, Lueneburg, Germany
- RBB Kulturradio Berlin, Germany, „Zeitpunkte"
- SR1 Europawelle, Saarbrücken, Germany
- SWOFI, Lubmin, Germany, Smooth Lounge webradio
- SWR 2, Baden-Baden, Germany, "Morgenjournal", „Dschungel", „Musik Spezial"
- UniRadio Berlin, Germany, „Planet Sounds"
- Wüste Welle, Tübingen, Germany, „Libresso"
- Alooga, Ottic-FM, Bonn, Germany, Trend-Radio
>Promotion-CDs for radio stations are available on request >>>
© DH Records Ltd 1999 - 2018
Spirit'n'Jazz - Can you see...?
Cooperation with Sommer Cable
Radio Amstelveen SnJ interview
Spirit'n'Jazz - Where are you?
DOUGLAS & HAUSER PRODUCTIONS
Spirit'n'Jazz - Where are you?
Spirit'n'Jazz - Treasure
Concert in Strasbourg/F