DH Records Ltd e-News ____
edition 1-23.en 24/01/2023
> Rory Douglas - Another Way
> In Dialogue - on BIG FM
> Songwriting 23 ! - in Strasbourg
> Songwriters' Network !!!
> Songwriter-Concert on YouTube >>>
> Spirit'n'Jazz: „Turn Around"
> Europe Spirit feat. Andy Lang - Laat Vrede Komen
> Church PA - new reference: Gedaechtnis-Church Speyer/D
> CD-Mastering special
> eNews archives
- Rory Douglas - Another Way
The next release from the Europe Spirit project comes from Birmingham/UK. Rory Douglas is a young and talented guy. He is currently writing lots of new songs and he is also performing them on many occasions. Here comes his new single, a ballad with deep lyrics: Another Way - Smart-Link: >>>
- In Dialogue - CHANGE
After the release of their single and the album CHANGE In Dialogue are now doing some PR work. They have been invited to BIG FM in Germany for an Interview. Radio moderator Chris Besau did talk with them about their intentions behind the songs and some personal questions. Full Interview in German here: >>>
And a there is press report in the newspaper Rheinpfalz with a great CD review recommending a song for the next James Bond! - Here as a pdf in German: >>>
Two songwriters from the Europe Spirit Seminar have formed the project In Dialogue. They have been recording an album with 14 tracks which was published on the 07.11.2022. Smart-Link: >>>
This album is also available as a hardware CD in the DH Store
The title song Change is thematically top relevant. The lyrics are about the many changes that are currently a worldwide topic. In Dialogue approach the necessity of these changes very personally. Musically, this track is a piano ballad that captures the drama of the theme in emotions with orchestral elements.
The track, Peace of Mind talks about the seriousness of our relationships, making it a counterpart to Change both lyrically and musically. With guest guitarist Derek Crehan (Spirit'n'Jazz) from Nottingham, there are hints of Blues, although the singer-songwriter style clearly remains dominant. In terms of content, In Dialogue are sure that relationships also have something to do with our world as a whole and make a significant contribution to change.
- Songwriting 23
The international Songwriting-Seminar 23 will take place in Strasbourg at Centre Culturel St.Thomas. There will be preparatory online units in the days before. This seminar has become a classic. Since 2012, musicians from European countries meet here to write new songs together and record them in the studio. And they do so in an atmosphere in which everyone supports each other. Impressions from 2022: >>>
International hybrid concert 22: >>>
- Simon Krust, Arnhem/NL: keyboards, guitar, bass, production
- Andreas Hausammann, St.Gallen/CH: piano, production - online
370,- € - 27 online + at CC St.Thomas Strasbourg in a double bed room
420,- € online + at CC St.Thomas Strasbourg - double bed room
- Songwriters' Network !!!
The international Songwriters' Network is connecting musicians in Europe. This is unique. Here you can find partners for cooperation in your songproduction. You need a guitartrack to your song, want someone to check your lyrics, look for a singer, a drummer or another instrument ... check it out! - Supported by Baden-Wuerttemberg Foundation.
- Songwriter-Concert internationally connected: „Peace is strong"
The international concert of the Europe Spirit Songwriters has been streamed live on the 15th of October. This concert was peformed in parallel events in Strasbourg/France and Bretten/Germany. Additionally there have been live and video contributions from Birmingham and Liverpool as well as from St. Gallen/CH, Wissembourg/F and Acri/I. The concert on YouTube: >>>
The concert on YouTube: >>>
> Spirit'n'Jazz: „Turn Around"
With the single „Turn Around" Spirit'n'Jazz are again spot on. The spiritual advice to turn around could not be more up to date and there is no need to explain the title of this track. There are far to many topics around where this is really just nailing it. Release date is 07.02.2023. Smart-link: >>>
Topic singles are not unusual for Spirit'n'Jazz. In autumn 21 there was „Miss Information" right after the reissued single "Treasure", with which the 2008 stock market crash was predicted half a year earlier.
- Europe Spirit feat. Andy Lang - Laat Vrede Komen
The song „Let peace be strong", co-written and interpreted by Paul Douglas has got several versions in other languages inbetwean. The songs in French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Swiss German, Hebrew and more are now published online als singles. Latest release is featuring Andy Lang with the lyrics version of Jacques Roeleveld: Laat Vrede Komen. - Links to all platforms here: >>>
This version is released on the 1st of advent and it is meant to remember the peace of christmas. We wish all the soldiers at war that they discover peace during Christmas time and that they forgive each other. - Celebrate Christmas and forget about that silly war ...
- Church PA - new reference: Gedaechtnis-Church Speyer/D
The lastest project in church PA is very interesting. The complex acoustics of the big Gedaechtnis-Church in Speyer got a new PA which delivers speach intellegibility and music perfectly. And this huge und high quality system was realized at a very interesting price point. More: >>>
- CD-Mastering special
DH Records is offering special high quality CD-Mastering including mix-advice! Finishing a CD is all about best sound possible, not just maximum loudness. A quality mastering needs a lot of experience and the painstaking application of the most suitable tools for each individual recording. Here you get convincing dynamics and individually chosen EQ instead of automated standard presets. And this service includes high profile advice for your mixes - if you want.
More information: >>>
- Andrea Grimm + MarieLuise Zubruegg: d'Muesli - Raechne
- Clemens Bittlinger: Macht uns Mut
- Christian Grote: 2 is besser
- Heiko Bräuning - Troubadur 2
- Heiko Bräuning - Troubadur
- Clemens Bittlinger - Mensch, sing mit 3
- Eugen Eckert - Wie frisches Wasser
- Lanick - Pop+Chansons/CH
- Andrea Grimm + MarieLuise Zubruegg: Wiehnachts-Erinnerige
- Clemens Bittlinger: Leih mir deine Fluegel - Nr.1 at hr4
- Andrea Grimm + MarieLuise Zubruegg: D'Muesli 2
- SYZU - Wie geht Freiheit
- Clemens Bittlinger: Bleibe in Verbindung (Gerth-Medien)
- Jonathan Boettcher: Lass Frieden werden (Herder)
> eNews archives
- No.1 at hr-4 hit parade: Clemens Bittlinger
For 25 weeks Clemens Bittlinger has been on No.1 of the German national radio hr-4 hit parade with the song "Creature With Wings" >>>. The CD "Lend Me Your Wings" containing this song was produced by David Pluess and mastered by Gunter Hauser at DH Records. The sound almost falls out of line when you listen to the music of the competitors. And the lyrics speak for themselves, of course. That an angel-song has been in the charts from Christmas to Easter - that's somehow heavenly. - More information: www.Clemens-Bittlinger.de
- YouVent 2017 title-song: "Du schreibst Geschichte"
The county youth meeting YouVent of the Protestant Church in Baden/Germany (ejuba.de) has taken place in october 2017 in Bretten/Germany. To the theme "Du schreibst Geschichte / You are writing history" there was a title-song being produced at DH Records with singer-songwriter Laura M. Hauser. Laura gave a catchy melody to this latin rock-song with deep lyrics. You can listen here: >>>
- Protestants 2017 - Theme-Song: "Vive la fraternité"
This is possibly the most radio-compatible theme song for a church event ever. Kevin Rashko from Strasbourg and Laura M.Hauser from Heidelberg are presenting Vive le moment ... Vive la fraternité. This song was created by a group of European songwriters meeting each year at Chateau du Liebfrauenberg at Goersdorf/F. Have a listen here: >>>
- Chris Brandon No.1 at Amazon USA with „Rhineland to Graceland"
„Rhineland To Graceland" appeared in August 2017 with lyrics by Ryan Presley, a relevant of Elvis, and Chris Brandon singing this song. Produced and recorded by Gunter Hauser at DH-Records. „Rhineland to Graceland" reached No.1 at Amazon USA and No.2 at Amazon Germany in „Contemporary Folk".
- Top placements for Spirit'n'Jazz
In 2008/09 Spirit'n'Jazz has achieved some exceptional placements with tracks from their CD "Can you see…?" For 30 months different tracks from the CD "Can you see…?" have been in the Top 10 of "World´s Cool Jazz" in Florida. After "Yule Tied" had been on No.1 for 18 weeks, "Do You Feel It" directly followed for 12 weeks. "China Sunrise" has been the third No.1 in April/May 09 before "Information Politics" went to No.1 at WCJZ in Oct. 09.
Three further No.1 placements appeared on InstrumentNetwork.com until December 2008 by the tracks "Voice of Reason" and "Information Politics" in their various forum-charts.
At Radio QFM Tenerife "Treasure" has been on No.1 for four weeks and "Two" and "Life Dance" both went up to No. 2 in spring 2010. All together there have been eight No.1 placements of Spirit'n'Jazz-tracks in 2008/09/10 backed up by more top ten positions.
In January to May 2011 Spirit'n'Jazz have been placed on No. 2 and 3 of the album charts for Nu-Jazz at JazzMatrix.com. On Coast-FM in Gosford/Sydney/Australia the track „Where are you?" has been in the "Top 2010". And at QFM Tenerife „Yule Tied" from the CD „Can you see...?" has been amongst the „all time favourites" of chilled jazz tracks.
- Spirit'n'Jazz on German Radio SWR 2, HR 2 and Deutschlandfunk Berlin
German National Radio programmes combining tracks from "Spirit'n'Jazz" with valued classics. SWR2 has played "So you got hope" next to works of Franz Schubert and W.A. Mozart. And HR2 has combined the track "Time with Laura" with works of Ludwig van Beethoven and Georg Friedrich Händel in one programme hour and is continually playing this track in their standard repertoire.
Similarly Deutschlandfunk Berlin has combined "TWO" by Spirit'n'Jazz and Mozart´s "Requiem d-minor" performed by the Berlin Philharmonics Orchestra conducted by Herbert von Karajan together in one programme called "Corso" on the 10.07.2010. And the track "TWO" is in their standard program.
DH Records says "Thank you" for the implicit valuation.
- Interviews in Amsterdam, Berlin, Sydney, San Francisco ...
A two hour live show has been broadcast in Amsterdam in February 2010 with Gunter Hauser interviewed by Marjoleine Leene in the Jazzcorner of RTV Amstelveen. A cut of the two hour programme you can find here: >>> mp3
On the 16th of June 2010 there has been an interview on Coast FM 963 in Gosford/Sydney in Australia. >>> mp3
Interview Deutschlandfunk Berlin to Treasure (17.11.08): >>> mp3
More interviews have been produced for Ric Mancuso´s `Nighttracks´ at KMHD/Gresham/OR/USA and for Gallery 41 in San Francisco with Ron Pelletier.
- Print Interview in YouMeU Magazine
- The weightiest CD-review comes from Florida
It´s been Florida again, where the CD "Can you see…?" had been good for five No.1s at World´s Cool Jazz. But this time it was Alan Olmstead, experienced Jazz-programmer from WXJZ, who has done a very nice review of „Where are you?": „Clean and simple contemporary jazz with a European flair featuring the delightfully innocent vocal style of Leyla Tugal... reminiscent of Astrud Gilberto in the 60's." - Alan Olmstead, Kaleidophonic Jazz, WXJZ-FM, Gainesville, Florida, USA. - All reviews so far: >>>
- CD „Where are you?" from Spirit'n'Jazz
With their previous CD "Can you see…?" Spirit'n'Jazz achieved critical acclaim and high radio rotations as well as five number 1s in radio charts (4 x World´s Cool Jazz in Florida, 1 x QFM Tenerife). Therefore, there was a lot of pressure for the next production. Because All About Jazz in Italy had titled their review "Jazz goes Pop goes Jazz" it was logical to give the new CD a very high standard of studio production whilst, at the same time, retaining the improvisational style of the music. The two pre-releases from the new CD "Where are you?": title track "Where are you?" and "Treasure" spontaneously went into the Top 10 of QFM Tenerife (No. 1+ 2) followed by "Two" and "Life Dance" on No. 2 and No. 7 in November 09. - more information >>> Info-pdf >>>
- Spirit'n'Jazz Interview on „D-Radio Kultur", Berlin
It took seven months until an interview with Spirit'n'Jazz to the Christian-Islamic dialogue produced by Thilo Guschas has been broadcasted. This Interview shows, how easy and positive this dialogue between Christians and Muslims can be. Without any suspicion, fear and hostility, but with many commonalities, especially in ethics, and a big hospitality. - The interview in German (07.02.2009 D-Radio Kultur) as an mp3: >>>
- Single "Treasure" on No.1 at QFM Tenerife
In November 08 Spirit'n'Jazz have been releasing a Single that addressed the global financial crisis. And this has jumped on No.1 straight away at QFM Tenerife/Spain and stayed there for four weeks.
The single track "Treasure" was created in March 2008 and it was right on the theme of speculative operations and the acute international situation happening in October 2008. Further information: >>>
- Spirit'n'Jazz on airplays worldwide:
With 90 radio stations from Australia to California and good reviews Spirit'n'Jazz have gained international recognition. Still in 2022 they are played on QFM Tenerife in their „all time favourites". - more >>>
- Blue Lake Public Radio, Twin Lake, MI, USA
- Boise State Radio, Boise, ID, USA
- Gallery 41, San Francisco, CA, USA, interview
- GTown-Radio, Philadelphia, PA, USA, „Anderson Taped"
- KBCS 91.3 FM, "Bright Moments", Seattle, WA, USA
- KCCK FM Jazz 88.3, Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
- KEOS 89.1 FM, College Station, TX, USA, on rotation
- KFUO Classic FM 99, St. Louis, MO, USA, „I love Jazz"
- KIOS FM, Omaha, NE, USA
- KJAZZ 88.1FM, Long Beach, CA, USA
- KKHi 101.9 FM, Denver, CO, USA, „Music Beyond Words" interview
- KMHD, Gresham, OR, USA, "Nighttracks", interview, „Saturday Night Jazz"
- KUT FM, Austin, TX, USA, review
- KUVO Radio, Denver, CO, USA, "Drive Time Jazz"
- Live365.com, St Louis, MO, USA, „I love Jazz", standard program
- Point of Departure, Damascus, MD, USA
- Sirius Satellite Radio, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Smooth Jazz Excursion, Springfield, IL, USA
- Soulfunkandjazz.com, SoundTraxx with Mark Stanley
- Voice of America, New York, NY, USA
- WAER 88.3, Syracuse / Central New York, USA, on rotation
- WCJZ, World´s Cool Jazz, Largo, FL, USA, on rotation + 5 x No. 1
- WCVF FM, Fredonia, NY, USA, "General Eclectic"
- WEMU FM, Ypsilanti, MI, USA
- WICB FM, Ithaca, New York, USA
- WPFW Radio, Washington, USA
- WPKN FM, Bridgeport, CT, USA, standard program
- WPKM FM, Montauk, NY, USA, standard program
- WSCA FM, Portsmouth, NH, USA, standard program
- WSIE 88.7 FM, Edwardsville, IL , USA
- WTJU, Radio Virginia, Charlottesville/Virginia, USA
- WUCF-FM 89,9, Orlando, FL, USA
- WVST FM, Richmond, VA, USA, „Just Jazz"
- WXJZ-FM Gainesville, Florida, USA, Alan Olmstead: „Kaleidophonic Jazz"
- Urgent.FM, Gent, Belgium, „worldservice"
- RTV Amstelveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands, „Jazz Corner", 2 h feature
- Radio Hoogeveen, Hoogeveen, Netherlands, "Afterdinnerjazz"
- Rosa FM 107.6, Vleuten, Netherlands „Softandsmooth", DJ The Fonz
- Reddog Medias, Paris, France "Jazz on Air"
- Radio Bangkok, Asia Radio Now, Bangkok, Thailand
- Art Sound FM, Canberra, Australia, standard program
- PBS 106,7 FM, Melbourne, Australia, standard program + recommended CD
- Coast FM 96,3, Gosford/Sydney, Australia, „Jazz Vibes" interview + TOP 2010
- Coral Coast Radio, Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
- Radio Jazz Plus, Montreal, Canada, standard program
- Sky Jazz Radio, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, standart program
- SmoothJazzNow.com, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, "high rotation"
- Punto Radio Cascina, Pisa, Italy, "Anima Jazz"
- Radio Nova, Sardegna, Italy, „The House of Blues", recommended CD
- RDP Antena 2, Lisbon, Portugal, "Jazz Com Brancas" - 1 h programme
- RUM 97,5 Braga/Porto, Portugal, Baile dos Bombeiros
- QFM, Tenerife, Spain, on „high rotation", Top 10 + "all time favourites"
- Aeropuerto Jazz Cafe, Gran Canaria, Spain, recommended CD
- Canal Extremadura Radio, Badajos, Spain
- El Club de Jazz, Pamplona, Spain
- FM 101,7 Sevilla, Spain, „Jazz en el aire"
- Jazz-Radio FM, San Pedro de Alcántara, Málaga, Spain
- Radio Jazz International, Bole, Swiss
- Deutschlandradio Berlin, Germany, "Tonart: Lounge"
- Deutschlandradio Berlin, Deutschland, "Corso", Interview „Treasure"
- Deutschlandfunk Berlin, "Campus"
- D-Radio Kultur Berlin, "Religionen", Interview intercultural dialogue
- EMS-Vechte-Welle, Lingen (Ems), Germany, "Roundabout"
- HR 2, Frankfurt, Germany
- ju: Nai Radio, Magdeburg, Germany
- LORA 92.4, München, Deutschland "Musik der Kulturen: Global Sounds"
- MDR, Leipzig, Germany, „Take Five"
- NDR, Hamburg, Germany, „Play Jazz"
- Querfunk 104,8 FM, Karlsruhe, Jazz mit Prof. Wolf
- Radio Bielefeld, Germany, „Die Vinylbesessenen"
- Radio Bremen, Germany, Nordwestradio "Highlight"
- Radio Caprice, radio.net, BOSSA NOVA
- Radio Corax, Halle/Leipzig, Germany, „Planet Sounds"
- Radio Darmstadt, Germany, „Journey into Sound" + „Treffpunkt eine Welt"
- Radio Dreyeckland Freiburg, Germany, „Jazznews"
- Radio Lippeland, Lippstadt, Germany, „Soundtracks"
- Radio Okerwelle, Braunschweig, Germany, „Wundertüte" + „Mittagsjournal"
- Radio Ostfriesland, Aurich/Emden/Leer, Germany, „Jazz Corner"
- Radio RheinWelle 92,5 Wiesbaden, Germany
- Radio Unerhört, Marburg, Germany, „Jazz-Zeit: Neues vom Jazz"
- Radio Weser TV, Germany, „Der JW-Jazzpoint" + „GlobalRadio X-perience"
- Radio X, Frankfurt/Main, Germany, „Funky Fresh"
- Radio ZuSa, Lueneburg, Germany
- RBB Kulturradio Berlin, Germany, „Zeitpunkte"
- SR1 Europawelle, Saarbrücken, Germany
- SWOFI, Lubmin, Germany, Smooth Lounge webradio
- SWR 2, Baden-Baden, Germany, "Morgenjournal", „Dschungel", „Musik Spezial"
- UniRadio Berlin, Germany, „Planet Sounds"
- Wüste Welle, Tübingen, Germany, „Libresso"
- Alooga, Ottic-FM, Bonn, Germany, Trend-Radio
© DH Records Ltd 1999 - 2023
Spirit'n'Jazz - Can you see...?
SnJ interview, Marjoleine Leene
Spirit'n'Jazz - Where are you?
DOUGLAS & HAUSER PRODUCTIONS
Spirit'n'Jazz - Where are you?
Spirit'n'Jazz - Treasure
Songwriting Seminar / workshop
Europe Spirit Songwriting 2023 - Partner:
- Baden-Württemberg Stiftung Nouveaux horizons
- Stadt Bretten/D
- Evang. Kirchenbezirk Bretten-Bruchsal/D
- Temple Neuf Strasbourg/F
- Conference of European Churches
- Konferenz der Kirchen am Rhein
- Josef-David-Stiftung, Wissembourg/F
- Evang.-ref. Kantonskirche St. Gallen/CH
- Jazz-Community-Church Birmingham/GB
- Lions-Club Bretten-Stromberg/D
- Lions-Club Bruchsal/D
- Netzwerk "Heavenly Sounds" Pforzheim/D